Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital delhi
open 24 hours
- Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital was commissioned in April 1986 as one of the seven 100 bedded hospitals planned by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi during the 6th five year plan under Special component plan for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes. Later bed strength was increase to 300 beds in 2010.The hospital has 150 bedded complex dedicated exclusively to Maternity (100Beds) & Pediatrics (50 beds).
- The hospital now caters to the health needs of a population approx. 25-30 lakh residing in the resettlement colonies of Mangol Puri, Sultan Puri, Nangloi, Mundka, Aman Vihar, Pachim Vihar, Prem Nagar, Kanjhwala, Punjabi Bagh, Nihal Vihar and Kirari assembly constituencies etc.
- The Hospital is providing free health care facilities of OPD, Indoor, Casualty & Emergency services of all common specialties along with free drug distribution and investigations for patients. At present it is managing a patient load of about 2300-2500 OPD patients per day and bed Occupancy 130%.
- The Hospital commissioned as one of the seven, one hundred bedded hospitals planned by Govt. of NCT of Delhi during Sixth five year plan under special component plan with the objective to provide medical facilities to nearby inhabitants ofresettlement colonies e.g. Mangol Puri, Sultan Puri, Nangloi, Mundka, Aman Vihar, Pachim Vihar, Prem Nagar, Kanjhwala, Punjabi Bagh, Nihal Vihar and Kirari assembly constituencies etc. Though the OPD services were started in 1986 but full-fledged IPD services with full capacity of 100 beds was started in the year 1994. Round the clock emergency services along with Labour Room, ICU, Nursery etc. were also made functional from 1998-99.
- Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital was up-graded to 276 bedded hospital with construction of additional Maternity & Child block and Emergency block in January 2007 which was later upgraded to 300 beds with
- Medicine 47 beds
- Surgery 20 beds
- Orthopedics 20 beds
- Pediatrics 30 beds
- Nursery 20 beds
- OBG & Gynae 100 beds
- EYE 03 beds
- ENT 05 beds
- ICU 08 beds
- Emergency 30 beds
- Peads Emergency 11 beds
- SNCU 06 beds
An Intensive Care Unit with 8 beds equipped with modern facilities was started on 1st July, 2010, along with up-graded Dental Wing with additional facilities for artificial dentures and other minor procedures. To meet the demand of the increasing patient load the bed strength is proposed to be 662 by adding additional 362 beds in the proposed Trauma Centre, Block.
Our Hospital caters to the most underprivileged section of the society of West and North West Delhi mainly the Assembly constituencies Mangol Puri, Sultan Puri, Nangloi, Mundka, Aman Vihar, Pachim Vihar, Prem Nagar, Kanjhwala, Punjabi Bagh, Nihal Vihar and Kirari assembly constituencies etc. .However for general treatment people also come from other areas of Delhi, Haryana, UP and Bihar .
In February 2016, Polyclinic ,Sector-02, Rohini was also attached to the hospital for providing infrastructure facilities.
|Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital|
O.P.D. attendance (2021)
|Polyclinic ,Sector-2, Rohini, In OPD attendance (2021)||Casualty||Total|